Monroe County Recorder - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is your mailing address?
P.O. Box 152
Woodsfield, Ohio 43793
2. What is your delivery address?
101 N. Main Street Room 20
Woodsfield, OH 43793
3. Does your county have tract (geographical) indexing?
4. Does your county require a legal description with releases and assignments?
5. Does your county require $4.00 for marginal notations on releases and assignments?
6. What do you charge for copies made by the public?
7. What do you charge for copies made by the Recorder's Staff?
8. Does your county offer on-line access? If so, is there a cost involved?
Yes, please see On Line Search:
. Indexes only.
9. What is your County Auditor's conveyance fee?
$3.00 per thousand
10. What is your County Auditor's transfer fee?
50 cents per tract
11. Does your county require a SASE or postage?
12. Does your county have Registered Land (Torrens)?
13. Does your county supply blank forms for purchase?
14. What is your county's document turn-around time?
Overnight - Mailed out the next day or picked up
15. Does your office record Soldiers Discharge Records (DD214)?
16. What is your policy for handling documents that are over or under in filing fees?
We will call companies that are short in recording fees for instructions.
We will record overages up to $20.00 and return excess fee in cash, over $20.00 documents will be recorded and excess fee returned in a money order.