138 E Court Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00-4:00
Recording Desks close at 3:30pm
Map to Recorder's Office
On Line Search: http://recordersoffice.hamilton-co.org
*ATTENTION: Effective October 1, 2009, the Hamilton County
Recorder will only accept a conveyance by mail if the Engineer's and Auditor's stamps are already on the
document. This includes all deeds, land contracts, easements, affidavits and any documents that require
a stamp from the Auditor's office. The Recorders' Office will not walk a conveyance through the
Engineer or Auditor's Office.
A self addressed stamped envelope is required for the return of all documents.
Conveyance documents should be sent to:
Hamilton County Auditor
138 East Court Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Attention. Transfer Desk
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is your mailing address?
2. What is your delivery address?
3. Does your county have tract (geographical) indexing?
4. Does your county require a legal description with releases and assignments?
5. Does your county require $4.00 for marginal notations on releases and assignments?
6. What do you charge for copies made by the public?
7. What do you charge for copies made by the Recorder's Staff?
8. Does your county offer on-line access? If so, is there a cost involved?
9. What is your County Auditor's conveyance fee?
10. What is your County Auditor's transfer fee?
11. Does your county require a SASE or postage?
12. Does your county have Registered Land (Torrens)?
13. Does your county supply blank forms for purchase?
14. What is your county's document turn-around time?
15. Does your office record Soldiers Discharge Records (DD214)?
16. What is your policy for handling documents that are over or under in filing fees?