Marion County Recorder
DEBRA P. MILLER
222 W Center St
Marion, OH 43302
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Marion County now uses a document label. Past recordings from 2003 to Aug 8, 2012 had a recording (cover) page and that page number is the first page of the document. The recording page should remain attached to the document and should be used for any requests for a notation to that document.
- eRecording Available – Conveyances – beginning March 1, 2020
- Restrictions on Recording Conveyances By Mail – Conveyances by mail are not accepted unless they have the Engineer’s and Auditor’s stamps.
- Online Search Available – Indexes and Images (Indexes beginning in 1983 and Images beginning 1994.) www.co.marion.oh.us/recorder
1. What is your mailing address?
Marion, Ohio 43302
2. What is your delivery address?
Lower Level West
Marion, Ohio 43302
3. Does your county have tract (geographical) indexing?
4. Does your county require a legal description with releases and assignments?
5. Does your county require $4.00 for marginal notations on releases and assignments?
Yes. Please use Book & 1st page or the Document number for the notation. The first page of documents from 2003 to August 8, 2012 was a Recording Cover Page.
6. What do you charge for copies made by the public?
7. What do you charge for copies made by the Recorder's Staff?
8. Does your county offer on-line access? If so, is there a cost involved?
Go to www.co.marion.oh.us/recorder. Click on records search. There is no charge. Indexes start in 1983 and Images go back to April 1993.
9. What is your County Auditor's conveyance fee?
$4.00 per thousand as of August 24, 2018
10. What is your County Auditor's transfer fee?
11. Does your county require a SASE or postage?
12. Does your county have Registered Land (Torrens)?
13. Does your county supply blank forms for purchase?
14. What is your county's document turn-around time?
15. Does your office record Soldiers Discharge Records (DD214)?
16. What is your policy for handling documents that are over or under in filing fees?
We attempt to call if the check is wrong to see whether a check for the correct amount can be issued if contact information has been provided. Document is recorded if overage is $8.00 or less. Change is returned with the receipt. Feel free to call if you have questions about fees.