Allen County Recorder - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is your mailing address?
PO Box 1243
Lima, Ohio 45802
2. What is your delivery address?
301 N Main St
Lima, Ohio 45801
3. Does your county have tract (geographical) indexing?
4. Does your county require a legal description with releases and assignments?
5. Does your county require $4.00 for marginal notations on releases and assignments?
6. What do you charge for copies made by the public?
10 cents per copy page if made by the public
7. What do you charge for copies made by the Recorder's Staff?
$2.00 per page
8. Does your county offer on-line access? If so, is there a cost involved?
. No Charge.
9. What is your County Auditor's conveyance fee?
$3.00 per thousand
10. What is your County Auditor's transfer fee?
11. Does your county require a SASE or postage?
12. Does your county have Registered Land (Torrens)?
13. Does your county supply blank forms for purchase?
14. What is your county's document turn-around time?
Immediate if filed in person 24 hours by mail
15. Does your office record Soldiers Discharge Records (DD214)?
16. What is your policy for handling documents that are over or under in filing fees?
Shortages and overages are returned unrecorded.